RATTLE POETRY PRIZE
Finalists will be announced Sept. 15th
1) Entry fee of $18.00 includes a one-year subscription to Rattle (or a one-year extension for subscribers). New subscriptions will start with the Winter 2011 issue, arriving December 1st. Current subscribers will receive a one-year extension.
2) Fifteen $100 Finalists will be selected in a blind review by the editors of Rattle and printed in the Winter 2011 issue; one $5,000 Winner will then be chosen by subscriber and entrant vote. To ensure a fair competition, votes will only be recorded from those with active subscriptions prior to the announcements of the finalists.
3) Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (no translations). Rattle's winter issue must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. No simultaneous submissions, except to magazines or presses open to publishing reprints after January 1st, 2012. Once submitted, entries cannot be withdrawn or edited until the finalists are announced.
4) Type or print clearly your name, address, email address, phone number, and the titles of the poems onto a coversheet. No contact information should appear on the poems. Include a check or money order for $18.00, payable to Rattle.
5) Send no more than four poems per entry. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover sheet and $18 fee. Manuscripts will not be returned; include a SASE or email address if you'd like to be notified of the results.
6) Finalists will be announced no later than September 15th, 2011, and the Winner will be announced February 15th, 2012. Additional entries may also be offered publication.
7) For an idea of our editorial tastes, back issues can be purchased here.
August 1st, 2011
Send entries to: